No event can be a success without the valued support of key partners and sponsors. After twenty-three years as title sponsor to the Wild Ride, Imana Foods took a bow in 2023 and stepped down as title sponsor.
The Wild Ride is honoured to welcome NUVO® as the new title sponsor in 2024. Collin Stroberg, Director of NUVO®, is no stranger to the Wild Ride, having taken part in the event for several years, as well as being an avid supporter of WREC.
NUVO® is SA’s biggest rubber compounders manufacturer and is based in Pietermaritzburg, KZN.
Message from the sponsor, NUVO®
At NUVO® Rubber Compounders, we’re always racing after excellence – in our rubber products, service, partners, the manufacturing industry and for South Africa. So when we were presented with the opportunity to partner with the Wild Ride, it was an easy choice. NUVO® are proud to be the new official sponsors of the Wild Ride.
Partnership forms a large part of how we do business. From being the power partner for your ride, we now have the dual responsibility of partnering for powerful, sustainable impact for schools across the Eastern Cape and beyond, together with the Wild Ride Education Company (WREC).
As ever, we remain committed to innovation that encompasses sustainability, not just performance. As South Africa’s most advanced custom rubber compounding company and global leaders in the manufacturing of rubber compounds, NUVO® is committed to a long-term partnership with the Wild Ride with the vision to generate sustainable momentum from which South Africa can drive forward.
This collaboration as “power partners” with WREC supports NUVO®’s continued efforts to innovate, advance, and exceed for change. Just as participants are “out there alone, racing the tide”, we see this partnership as our opportunity to change the tide.
We are up for the challenge.
The Wild Ride has enjoyed long and loyal partnerships with these key product and supply sponsors:
– SUBARU PIETERMARITZBURG: supply of back-up vehicles & manpower support during the race
– KAL-GARD: specialised lubricant to prevent the corrosive effects of salt and sand on bicycles
– aQuelle: cool and refreshing water on the finish line each day
– DIRT ROAD TRADERS: Manufacturers of Outdoor Clothing, Fine Canvas and Leather Luggage.
– BIG SHOT MEDIA: event filming & daily edits
– JON IVINS PHOTOGRAPHY: stills photography & daily slideshows (Event 1)
– ANTHONY GROTE PHOTOGRAPHY: stills photography & daily slideshows (Event 2)
– SOUTH COAST AERIAL SPRAYING: Dean Riley – helicopters for aerial footage & emergency
– ELANGENI BUILDINGS: Rob Gibb and his team who construct quality modular classrooms in record speed.
Wild Ride Partners
The Wild Ride is a 4 day eco-adventure ride which takes place on the eastern shores of South Africa covering nearly 200km of the wild coast between The Great Kei and Umngazi Rivers.